Residential Care Service Manager
New Boundaries Group supports adults with learning disabilities and challenging behaviour. We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated and experienced Manager to oversee our biggest site Boundary House in Felthorpe, Norwich which is also the location of our head office. The unit consists of a 10 bedded unit (Horizon House) and 6 newly converted self-contained flats for more challenging behaviours (Boundary House).
The ideal candidate will:-
- Be proactive in running a developing service
- Knowledge of CQC Standards & Key Lines of Enquiry
- Be competent in managing a large staff team including carrying out supervisions and appraisals and organising rotas
- Experience of dealing with professionals and next of kins and carrying out Service User assessments
- Be forward thinking
- Have a proven track record of working with people with learning disabilities and complex needs.
- Have level 5 diploma in Care Leadership & Management or equivalent (such as a social work qualification), or
- RNLD/RMN desirable.
- Be expected to work 40 hours per week including weekends and bank holidays.
We can offer
- Full and ongoing training with the opportunity for development
- Company pension scheme
Free on-site parking
- A competitive salary dependent on qualifications and experience
Please apply with your CV and covering letter outlining why you would be an ideal candidate, to email@example.com.
Closing date: 14th October 2020
We are looking for a Training Coordinator with experience in a health & social care setting.
As an experienced Training Coordinator, you will liaise with the unit managers to organise training for approximately 200 employees, update and manage the training matrix across all 9 of our care homes for adults with learning disabilities, ensuring continuity and quality. This will include:
- Responsibility for the company’s day to day training operations. This will include delivering training courses in line with the Care Certificate, preparing training materials, completing certificates and maintaining staff training files.
- Enrolling new staff on to the online training programme.
- Induct and train new and existing care staff which includes areas such as complex care and challenging behaviour.
- Assess staff competency in their job role.
- Liaise with head office to update company policies and procedures.
- Update the Adult Social Care Workforce Data Set with new starters and leavers.
- Update the Business Continuity Plan as and when required.
- Responsible for health & safety within the company including conducting quality assurance and health & safety audits within the homes, and organising & chairing health & safety meetings.
- Provide advice and support to management team in relation to health & safety, GDPR compliance, mental capacity, risk assessing and care planning.
- At least 1 years’ experience in a similar role
- An excellent communicator who is engaging and adaptable.
- A strong knowledge of CQC regulations and compliance
- Knowledge of health & safety legislation
- Ideally holds a formal qualification in training e.g. PTTLS or an Assessors Qualification or have proven experience in a training role
- Be proactive in looking at ways to improve the Company’s training function to deliver exceptional training standards.
- Have a UK driving license and have access to a vehicle
Please apply with your CV and covering letter outlining why you would be a good candidate for the position, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 14th October 2020
Full & Part Time Support Workers (Days or Nights)
We are recruiting for highly motivated, creative and friendly people to join our professional team across all our units. Vacancies in Felthorpe, Hellesdon, Hethersett and Taverham. Full and part-time hours available, as well as night shifts.
Applicants must have a genuine desire to help and support people with learning disabilities and complex needs, to lead a happy and fulfilling life. Previous experience is desirable but not essential as you will be paid to attend any training required.
Working some weekends and bank holidays will be required due to the nature of this role.
Pay rate of £9 per hour (days & nights) with an excellent overtime incentive
Driving licence is desirable.
Successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check, the sum of which will be refunded after 6 months satisfactory service.
To request an application pack, call 01692 407549 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please complete both the online application form and equal opportunities monitoring form.
Enabling our service users to lead as normal a life as possible
Tel: 01692 407549