|Accountable to:||Team Leader/Deputy Manager|
|Reports to:||Shift leader in locations where more than one staff member on duty|
|Role:||To work as part of a team supporting adults with a Learning Difficulty and associated challenging behaviour to lead fulfilling lives. To work within our organisational policies and procedures which are in line with current legislation.|
1. Care Plans
- Contribute towards service users reviews
- Contribute to a consistent approach by ensuring that you read, understand and follow service users individual plans.
2. Care of Service Users
- Encourage service users in making choices and having new experiences as part of an individual plan.
- Support service users to access a varied range of leisure activities within their community and lead fulfilling lives.
- Support service users in managing their own finances.
- Support service users with their daily life activities.
- Promote the highest possible standards with regards to quality of life and a homely environment.
- Support service users whose behaviour can be challenging, through a planned program of care.
- Assist service users to have access to and receive appropriate health care.
- Provide individualised personal care.
- Help promote the positive participation of relatives, friends, volunteers or advocates in the lives of the individual service users.
- Accompany service users to day services and work as part of the day services team.
- Encourage and assist service users to communicate their wishes/needs.
- Support service users with medication administration.
3. House Keeping
- As part of the home team, supporting service users in all household duties, including cooking and cleaning.
4. Key Working
- Act as a key worker for designated service users as required.
5. General Responsibilities
- Maintain a good working relationship with professionals and others.
- Take appropriate action to comply with all policies and procedures.
- To listen, and relate to a variety of people in different situations.
- Contribute towards meetings as appropriate.
- Maintain confidentiality of service users, staff and organization at all times, within the policies, procedures and legislation.
- Promote equal opportunities and diversity for all service users and staff colleagues.
- Attend induction, mandatory and statutory training, plus any additional development opportunities to improve quality of service to service users.
- Be willing to undertake and complete an NVQ in care to a minimum unless you currently hold this or an equivalent qualification.
6. Health & Safety
- Meet the company and legislative requirements in relation to health and safety.
This job description highlights main areas but is not an exclusive list of all duties that may be required.
New Boundaries provides 24/7 hour service and support workers are required to work flexibly including weekends, evenings and nights to meet this need.
|Educational and Formal Training|
|An ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing||✔|
|An understanding of basic numeracy||✔|
|Diploma level 2 (Care) or equivalent||✔|
|A willingness to commence NVQ level 2 (Care) within the 1st 18 months of employment||✔|
|Relevant experience and knowledge|
|A good understanding and awareness of the needs of people with a learning difficulty||✔|
|Previous experience of working within a care setting||✔|
|Experience of working as a member of a team||✔|
|Experience of lone working||✔|
|An ability to listen to people and respond effectively||✔|
|An ability to communicate effectively with residents and staff||✔|
|An ability to be tolerant of others in demanding situations||✔|
|An ability to be tactful and diplomatic||✔|
|An ability to be understanding and compassionate||✔|
|An ability to be flexible and adapt to change||✔|
|An ability to work alone||✔|
|Must be able to undertake moving and handling duties after training||✔|
|Able to work the full range of shifts (day/evening/weekend/night)||✔|
|Prepared to undertake appropriate training||✔|
|Able to drive/clean driving licence and drive company vehicles including mini busses||✔|
|Able to get to places of work (own transport/public transport)||✔|
|Meets age requirements of the post – (18/21)||✔|
|Willingness to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure application||✔|
Enabling our service users to lead as normal a life as possible
Tel: 01692 407549